Ah... it was 10/23, 5AM and we were out the door to drop Cal off at his aunt and uncles house. He would be spending the day and night with them as Chris and I head off to WI for a wedding. Once we were on the road, we had decided to find somewhere along the way for breakfast. As 6:30 was fast approaching, so were the hunger pains in my stomach. I needed to stop somewhere, soon!!
Chris told me to start watching for signs - I wanted a sit down place, no fast food. So, before I knew it, within minutes we were pulling off an exit just outside of Ann Arbor and pulling into a Big Boy - Yum! Breakfast bar. The time, 6:40 AM. We pull into the parking lot, and it's odd, there were only two cars in the lot. Chris had said "Is it possible they aren't open?" I was thinking and said out loud "Ah, no, it's Saturday morning, breakfast places open early, no way they aren't open, they have a breakfast bar for crying out loud."
Hello Big Boy, you don't open until 7AM, REALLY??? You are the only sit down restaurant off this exit, it's clearly an exit for travelers to use for gas and food and you don't open until 7AM? Really? You are known for a little thing called your 'breakfast bar' - I think you should really rethink your open time.
So, I had to wait another 20 minutes or so until we reached Jackson - we ended up at the Cracker Barrel. Oh well.... it filled me up and I was able then to get a morning nap in while Chris drove.
Bottom line, on Saturday/Sunday mornings at best, restaurants should really look at their hours of operation. Especially ones that are know for something like a "Breakfast Bar."
lol! but i do love me some big boy!
ReplyDelete